Skip to main content

The Release Of 21-Chibok Girls & The Reactions of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State




The Release Of 21-Chibok Girls 

The Reactions of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State

“The Release Of 21 Chibok Girls May Be To Distract Nigerians, Fayose Insist”
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has expressed skepticism over the release of 21 Chibok girls reportedly abducted by the Boko Haram insurgents.
He posited that it may as well be one of the Federal Government diversionary tactics, saying that each time the current administration “goofed”, it finds a way to distract Nigerians.
“It has become the practice of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led federal government to divert the attention of Nigerians each time it goofs,” he said.

Reacting to the release in a statement issued by Lere Olayinka, his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Fayose said the report could be a way to shift attention from the last week assault on our judges and the Judiciary by federal government, which has been widely condemned.
The Brief reported on Thursday, October 13, of the reported release of 21 out of the 219 students reportedly abducted from their dormitory bed in Chibok community, Borno State on April 14, 2014.
Fayose said, “Nigerians are no longer interested in the lies and make believes of the APC led federal government. Rather, Nigerians want the economy fixed and food on their tables.”

The governor, a staunch critic of President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration, said Nigerians should wait to see the set of girls said to have been released this time around before drawing any conclusion.
“As for me, I keep my fingers crossed on this reported release of 21 Chibok girls. This is because we were once told by this same government that one of the girls was released and the girl, who was supposed to be writing Physics WAEC examination then could not speak one sentence in English.
“Again, it was reported yesterday that Boko Haram bombed Maiduguri, Borno State and killed more than 10 people. How the same Boko Haram insurgents that bombed Maiduguri yesterday could release 21 Chibok girls today is a question Nigerians must ask.
“Until proved otherwise, the story still appears like one of the diversionary tactics of the federal government,” he said.

Speaking further, Fayose argued that the economy, which is currently in recession, deserves more attention than cheap propaganda being focused on by the current administration.
He said Nigerians were tired of the stories of the anti-corruption efforts of the Federal Government as they were hungry and needed food.
“The economy deserves more attention than all these lies and propaganda.
“We have heard enough stories on corruption, the federal government should give Nigerians food. The people are suffering and their sufferings must be attended to by the federal government.
“Propaganda, cheap lies and diversionary tactics must give way for serious governance.”

21 Chiboks Girls Release has engendered several reactions from around the world


      “As I depart Abuja for Germany on an official visit, I welcome the release of 21 of our Chibok Girls, following successful negotiations. The Department of State Services (DSS) has briefed me on the matter, and will continue to provide updates.” —- President Muhammadu Buhari

§  “Please note that this is not a swap. It is a release, the product of painstaking negotiations and trust on both sides,” —- Nigeria’s Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed

 §  “The release of 21 of the kidnapped Chibok schoolgirls by the armed group Boko Haram is a big relief. However, it is vital now that they receive adequate physical and psychosocial counseling and support so that they can fully reintegrate in their communities.” — Amnesty International
§  “The good news of the girls’ return should serve as a beacon of hope not only for families of the 197 girls still missing, but also for hundreds of other women and children, including 300 Damasak school children, abducted by Boko Haram.” —- Human Rights Watch


§  “I can only weep, right now. You know that kind of cry that is a mix of multiple emotions. Lord. Some of our girls are back. It is 4 am in California, and I can no longer sleep. Join me in singing the words of Psalm126….When the Lord turned again the captivity…. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, President Muhammadu Buhari.” —– Obi Ezekwesili, a former minister of Education in Nigeria and a leader of #BringBackOurGirls campaign

§  “This wonderful development confirms what we have always known about the capacity of our government to rescue our #ChibokGirls. We further urge the international community to continue to support our government’s effort to rescue all other abducted Nigerians, so that parents, the Chibok community, the nation, and the world can finally put an end to this nightmare once and for all,” —- #BringBackOurGirls campaign

 §  “We join all Nigerians to rejoice on the return of our daughters. Our thoughts and prayers remain with the families of those who have returned, and those girls who remain in the hands of the terrorists. It is our hope that the release of more of the girls is imminent and that our nation remains vigilant in the face of the continued crisis in North East Nigeria.” — Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki

 §  “Dawn, dusk, almost a 1000 days. Twenty-one of our girls are back. It is my joy to welcome you home. The nation has been waiting for you.” —- Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo


 §  “My emotions are all over the place – 21 of abducted Chibok girls released. I am dancing with joy! What incredible news to wake up to! We will keep our voices up till they are all back.” —- Isha Sesay, CNN anchor and correspondent

 §  “The release of 21 Chibok girls is a breakthrough. Whatever means was used to release them isn’t as important as the fact that they are free.” —- Reno Omokri, pastor and social commentator

 §  “I am incredibly happy at this news. A lesson (that) hope always wins. (Our) Prayers (is) for the release of the remaining #ChibokGirls.” —- Former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar

 §“If any Nigerian or members of the international community had doubts about the sincerity and commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari ‎to the rescue of our precious daughters abducted by Boko Haram insurgents at Government Secondary School, Chibok on April 14, 2014, the rescue of all other abducted Nigerians and very importantly, his sincerity in working towards ending the Boko Haram insurgency, such doubts must by now be laid to rest.” —- Governor Kashin Shettima of Borno State

 §  “The release of 21 Chibok young women from the grips of the terrorist group Boko Haram into the custody of the state services department is bittersweet news. The negotiations – brokered by the International Red Cross and the Swiss government – have resulted in the greatest breakthrough since the beginning of this ordeal. However, I join the rest of my colleagues in wanting to see the release of the remaining 197 girls who remain in captivity and are still enduring systematic abuse, rape, and forced labor at the hands of these militants.” —- Karen Bass, United States Congress member and Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa

 §  “The President has, by this singular act, excited the Nigerian mass by sacrificing the universal doctrine of no negotiation with terrorists for empathy. We specially thank the President for this even as we acknowledge the efforts of other mediators in the negotiated release of the Chibok girls,”—- The Buhari Media Support Group (BMSG)

“I congratulate the families of these young ladies who have endured so much anxiety and pain on account of this horrendous experience. I am also grateful that these budding young stars now have the opportunity to again pursue their dreams and aspirations. I know there is road to recovery and readjustment ahead, but I am confident that the support of their families, our communities, and the assistance of our many collaborators at home, and internationally provide the tools required for this. I also congratulate and thank President Muhammadu Buhari for his steadfastness and dogged effort in ensuring the release of these girls. I salute our gallant men and women in uniform who continue to make sacrifices on our behalf and have remained focused in the hot pursuit of the terrorists. I commend all Federal Government agencies- the DSS, the NIA- and indeed our lawmakers and our other partners who remained dogged and worked assiduously to secure this release,”—- Ahmed Tinubu, the leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biafra And The Events Of 1965 - 1970

How Yakubu Gowon Caused The Nigeria-Biafra War


The Acclaimed Umbrella Party Boss Will Destroy PDP – BOT

Unbridled Ambition Will Destroy PDP – BOT



The Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has warned that selfish ambition is destroying the party.
Chairman of the party BOT, Senator Walid Jubril, stated this while receiving the report of the reconciliation committee, led by the Bayelsa State governor, Seriake Dickson.
However Dickson had earlier cautioned the two factions, led by Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Senator Ahmed Makarfi, to drop their ego and ambition for the unity of the party.
Much earlier yesterday, both factions of PDP led by Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Senator Ahmed Makarfi, yesterday agreed to a cessation of inflammatory statements.
The agreement was reached under the supervision of the party’s reconciliation committee led by the Bayelsa State Governor, Hon Seriake Dickson in Abuja.
According to Senator Walid, he warned that “Selfish or personal ambition should never try to destroy this party.”

He further dismissed plans to form a new party …

Facebook forced to apologise for censoring burn victim's birthday photo

Former fireman lost his ears, hair, and eyebrows in an explosion in the Swedish city of Gothenburg 35 years ago


Facebook has had to apologise for removing a photograph of a formerfirefighterwith severe burn scars.
The social media site twice took down a picture of Lasse Gustavson after his friend Bjorn Lindeblad posted the photograph on Sunday to celebrate his 60th birthday.  The company only restored the image when more than 10,000 people shared a third post by Mr Lindeblad, criticising their “disgusting policy”. The post now has more than 30,000 shares.  READ  “It’s an offensive system Facebook has with this kind of censorship. You could call it a kind of racism,” said Mr Gustavson, who has no ears, hair or eyebrows, in an interview with Sweden’s Aftonbladet newspaper. Mr Gustavson was injured in an explosion at an oil depot in Gothenburg in 1981, when he was a 24-year-old firefighter. He spent two months in a coma in hospital and woke up permanently disfigured.  Since then, he has b…